7.12.2011

Embrace the Process

"You are not a creativity machine. Remember that creativity is rhythmic." -Todd Henry

I don't sweat when I'm working. Well, unless I'm nervous. Yet design work is hard. 

When using your brain to crank out awesomeness you need a plan. My Professional Plan Maker is Todd Henry, the founder & CEO of Accidental Creative, a consultancy that helps creative professionals generate brilliant ideas. And he just published his first book - The Accidental Creative: How To Be Brilliant At a Moment’s Notice. I received my pre-ordered copy over the weekend. 

Unfortunately, I wasn't the first one to crack it open. Cadence was.


Because of creative habits Todd taught me; ie. unnecessary creating, strategic ideation, purposeful stimulus, daily recording, quarterly retreats and more; I have recently accomplished the following:

- Finished the children's book Adventures with Ranger Roy: Acadia National Park
- Started thinking about another book for the Adventures with Ranger Roy series
- Quit my corporate job & went 100% freelance
- Became a stay-at-home mom

You too can embrace the process of creativity & watch your distant dreams come into focus. 

Wanna know more?
Check out this video about the book:
The Accidental Creative: How To Be Brilliant at a Moment's Notice from Accidental Creative on Vimeo.


Or listen to this podcast.

And finally, just buy it. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: