12.21.2008

Distracted by Breakfast

I woke up early today with a list of random tasks I wanted to complete. Jarrod was still snug in bed. I should have grabbed a piece of toast & plopped myself into our living room chair with my laptop. Should have. Instead I was distracted by breakfast. This happens quite often on weekend mornings. This particular morning I paged through the new cookbook I had gotten for Christmas, Cook What You Love, by Bob & Melinda Blanchard (my heroes!), and was sucked in by the excerpt about breakfast in bed. I daydreamed of a bringing Jarrod breakfast in bed & him loving it. I forgot during this daydream that my favorite meal is breakfast - not Jarrod's. Maybe I should have made him lunch in bed. Ah well, breakfast is so much more fun to make than cheese sandwiches!

During my daydream I ended up making Orange-Currant Muffins (pg 18); however, I substituted raisins for the currants. We spread homemade apple butter from Leslie on them when they were still warm & enjoyed some fresh fruit on the side. I even pulled out the China to dine from, which offset the Scobby-Doo muffin papers!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds way better than a cheese sandwich to me. :)

Jessie Marie said...

my thoughts exactly!