6.19.2012

PMS 3255: Nautical

Color The property possessed by an object of producing different sensations on the eye as a result of the way it reflects or emits light. 

My eye is trained to see color differently than the normal person. When I was a prepress operator at OEC Graphics I would painstakingly color correct client's projects to print in the perfect mix of either spot or process colors. To accomplish this I had to "see" a small percentage difference from one hue of, say blue, to the next.

I later took my prepress knowledge into a graphic design position. I used my color trained eyes to find perfect combination of colors for product lines at Horizon Hobby. I'd use tools like Color Hunter & books on color in hope of finding a magic combination. But I found that my uber sensitive eye still needed to tweak the hues to perfection.

As you may have seen I used my uber sensitive eyes to create a perfect combination of color for our next baby. I'm not going to lie. The teal in the mix isn't in my normal list of favorites. Part of my issue is I don't like how the word teal sounds when you say it out loud.

Just say it, "TEAL"

And come on. Is it blue? Or is it green?

But I've now moved past all that.

I hesitantly added teal to the baby's brand. And therefore, into my life. Once I did I saw it magically used as an accent color on the house where we pick up our CSA food.


That door convinced me to repaint our changing table Nautical. (Way more fun to say than teal.)


And just yesterday, I designed our baby's thank you cards. Using PMS 3255 as the accent color.


Teal, welcome to my life.





No comments: