11.14.2012

Clarity

What is the clear vision for Jessie Marie Studio, LLC?

Finding the answer to this question is like looking through the refractor at the eye doctor & being asked "which is better A or B?" You may be able to read the letters at the other end of the room through both A and B, but B makes them perfectly clear. You didn't know B existed until the optometrist flipped the lens in front of your eyes. And then she asks, "which is better B or C?" C is crisper than B was. How can this be? B was so beautiful until C came along.

Finding a clear path for your business to follow is like that. You have to be open to new opportunities. Have the confidence you made the best choice with the information you had. And know that choice has the chance to change in the future.

Last week during my monthly Ideas + Soup get together I presented the progress I have made on my Right-Brain Business Plan. Much like going in for a yearly eye appointment. I needed help figuring out who to focus my marketing efforts on. After a discussion with Katie Martin, from CU Speech Consultants, I created the following tiers of clients:

Graphic Design :: Primary

Small Bussinesses & Start Ups especially Work-at-Home Mothers

cards below



Small Businesses & Start Ups | Front

Small Businesses & Start Ups | Back

Especially Work-at-Home Mothers | Front

Especially Work-at-Home Mothers | Back


Graphic Design :: Secondary

Churches/Non-Profits
RC Companies
Technical Illustration
Prepress Opportunities

no cards used since these aren't the kinds of clients I am actively seeking

Photography :: Primary

Young Familes

card shown below 

Young Families | Front

Young Families | Back

Photography :: Secondary

Couples
Mature Familes

no cards used since these aren't the kinds of clients I am actively seeking

After deciding who I was going to primarily target I decided I am going to create a refined elevator speech for those clients. Plus, my plan is to make a handout that talks to those primary groups. Hopefully both of those things will continue to bring clarity to the business I'm creating.

No comments: