9.10.2012

Fall Schedule

The reason I work at home
Where the work gets done. Main Work Space.
Garage Office
Champaign Public Library
Cafes & Coffee Shops
"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord." Psalm 127:3

Being a Mommy Freelancer is the most challenging job I've ever had. You have to balance two worlds simultaneously. As one of those worlds flutters around with extreme unpredictability the other screams for attention. You take a guess which is which.

And the hours! The longest hours known to man. As a Mommy Freelancer you are never off the clock. 24/7. 365 days. Repeat. I would surmise all parents of young children work these crazy hours. No matter if they work outside or inside the home.

Balance. Balance is the key to making this season of life beautiful. Everyone - mothers, fathers & children - need quality time for themselves, quality time together, time to work & time to rest.

This fall I've decided to purposefully schedule my rest time. Don't get me wrong I have office hours, but if I'm not careful those hours will steal my children's childhood. I define rest/off time as the time I will give myself permission to not think about work so I can be fully engaged in the moment.

Jessie Marie Studio Fall 2012 
Loose Schedule

Sunday
Off: 600am - 200pm
800pm - 830pm weekly planning

Monday
815am - 1045am work time
afternoon work time (naps only)
Off: 300pm - 1000pm

Tuesday
morning work admin
afternoon work time (naps only)
Off: 300pm - 1000pm

Wednesday
815am - 1045am work time
Off: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
500pm - 800pm work time

Thursday
morning work admin
300pm - 500pm work time
Off: 500pm - 1000pm

Friday
Day Off!

Saturday
800am - 1200pm work time
Off: 1200pm - 1000pm

No comments: