3.27.2012

Day 2: Pause

31 Days of Adventure Day 2
Pause & notice the littlest things. 

"Today's adventure invites you to pause and notice the littlest things: The way the light comes in the window. The rise and fall of your chest as you breath (or maybe the breath of whoever else is in the room). The patterns made by the trees." - daily email prompt

I try to take a picture of Cadence everyday. I then send it to Jarrod at work. It is our way to slow her childhood down. The attached photo is from last week. Our little magnolia pedal playing among all the real pedals. 

Funny thing is on the day I was prompted to pause & notice the little things I didn't take a picture. Too busy working. However, just like the photos seem to slow down our little girl's childhood taking note of the little things during my work time did the same thing. Below is the stream-of-consciousness of things I noticed during my morning work time & lunch:

cadence & keeshena running upstairs
clicking of fingers
old photos
sound of drill
small sawdust from drill holes - fairy dust
turning hangers into wood - creek
twisting medal wire to create hanger
birds chirping

cadence's giggle
sound of a zipper - zip!
sound of wound up metal hitting the floor - spring!
cramping in stomach when i bend over too far
duct tape schnibbles
the cuteness of daughter & father banter
cadence's hugs
cadence kissing the baby
cadence's grip when she doesn't want me to leave
the smell of my tea
the feeling of my tea mug
stickiness of spray adhesive
cool crisp March air
smoothness of paper
weird smell of our basement


 

No comments: