4.02.2012

Day 8: Expand Your Circle


Circle Expander: Bomb Pops
31 Days of Adventure Day 8
Expand Your Circle

"Have breakfast, lunch or dinner with someone you don't know well. Whether it's the colleague you've been meaning to get to know, or an acquaintance you made at a recent social event, take the opportunity to spend time with someone outside your normal circles." - daily email prompt

I read this email prompt on my three mile walk to church on Sunday morning. I thought to myself, "this should be easy. I'll find someone this morning who wants to have lunch or dinner with the amazing Scheunemanns."

As the morning went on my nerve was lost. I did engage in more conversations with different people than I normally do on a Sunday, so I thought "that should count. Right?"

I knew I really hadn't accomplished the day's adventure. I tried to think of someone to call or invite over. But (excuses, excuses) the day was quite full already. Jarrod was out running 17 miles for his upcoming marathon. And No Nap Nancy (aka Cadence Rose) & I were playing the Mommy-is-Trying-to-be-Productive vs Cadence-Wants-Mommy's-Attention game.

And then it happened. (Not So) Quiet Time ended. Cadence & I got her Fisher Price skates out of the closet for the first time this spring & headed down the sidewalk. Cadence needed to go down to our neighbor's Jim & Diane's house. And when a 3-year-old needs to do something you better follow.

We made it down to their house & what did we find? Jim & Diane PLUS their neighbor, (who we had never met) Leanne & her two kids sitting on their porch. The kids were eating bomb pops.

Cadence proceeded to be her cute self & finagle her very own bomb pop. PLUS time on Jim & Diane's porch where we chatted with two sets of neighbors we didn't "know well!"

We may not have had breakfast, lunch or dinner BUT we did have bomb pops. Pretty awesome.

Once again, point for the toddler for finding adventure without being told to look.

No comments: