4.03.2012

Day 9: Connect the Old-Fashioned Way

31 Days of Adventure Day 9
Connect the Old-Fashioned Way

"Many of us have family and friends spread all over the globe. Emails, Facebook updates, texts and blog comments are all great ways to stay connected. But think about the joy that comes from a hand-addressed letter in the snail-mailbox. When's the last time you sent a handwritten letter just to say hi? Today, go analog and send a card (or letter) to someone far away." - daily email prompt

I believe if I just came out & told you who these two stamped envelopes went to it would defeat the purpose of yesterday's adventure. Let's just say I sent one to a great friend who's birthday is this weekend & Cadence sent her's to some boys in Savoy.

With that said, this adventure was mentally challenging for me. It made me second guess a decision I made in January. In 2011, I deleted meat from my diet & for 2012, I have ceased sending any birthday or anniversary cards to anyone except immediate family. Many of you have received Red Letter Day cards from us over the past 10ish years. I wasn't going to say anything & just see who noticed. But here I am telling the entire internet. 

Has anyone noticed?

Or do people enjoy having 300 posts on their facebook wall rather than real cards on their mantel?

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! The end of "red letter day" cards. That is sort of sad!

Jessie Marie said...

Yeah. I'm still weirded out that it's over. But I needed to come to grips that everything can't happen with #2 on the way!